Carbon Africa’s work covers three broad business areas: advisory services, sector transformation and asset development. The company has wide experience across a variety of sectors and technologies - including sustainable energy, waste management, agriculture, forestry and transport.
Carbon Africa’s advisory services are tailored to assist its clients to the extent required, be it a specific task or a multi-year assignment.
- Climate finance and advisory
- Carbon credit registration, issuance and commercialization
- Sector and market studies
- Policy and regulatory formulation
- Impact monitoring and reporting
- Due diligence
- Facilitating access to funding
- Prefeasibility studies
- Business development and support
The company works with governments to design viable programmes to accelerate the transition to low carbon and climate resilient sector development.
- Sector screening and market scoping
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership building
- Designing appropriate and viable financing mechanisms to promote investments in low-carbon
- technologies and practices
- Regulatory aspects (policy formulation, policy dialogues, regulatory gap analysis)
- Work with partners to identify and secure international sources of climate finance
- Capacity building (identification of needs, preparation and delivery of workshops)
On a case-by-case basis, Carbon Africa actively develops and invests in promising low carbon and clean-tech businesses and projects on the continent.